- We presented the cell tower issue at high school PTSA meeting.
- Superintendent Mr. Loren Kleinrock came to address the same issue right after our talk and some of his points are:
- At home, a lot of things you use are not safe, do you do anything about it? This is one more thing.
- If we move the tower, it maybe next to your house. (Should I be scared if it is safe?)
- If the experts say it is not harmful now, we don't know if it will be harmful in 30 years.
- Don't interchange cell phone with cell tower. (They are the same frequency and signal, except that when you talk you could be much closer to your phone, but tower transmit much higher power and it is transmitting 24/7)
- If we break the contracts, we can't use health as the reason.
- If we break the contracts, we will need to sign a blank check; and we mean you.
- He mentioned someone donated to school foundation and does not want to pay for removing the tower. (I heard people talking about not donating to school foundation or anything unless the towers are removed)
- He also mentioned that the experts that T-mobile hired is independent and just happened to be hired by cell company (Maybe they deliver something that the cell companies want?)
Thursday, September 20, 2012
High School PTSA meeting - September 19, 2012